Saturday, April 5, 2014

Getting to Know Me


I am an advocate for hurting souls.

I am a perpetual sinner in need of daily grace!

I am the daughter of the King.

I am an imperfect soul who can love other imperfect souls because of the mercy shown to me.

I am a proponent of truth.

 I am 100% convinced that unmerited favor can only be discovered by knowing the living God through a life in his son Jesus Christ.

I am an over thinker and analyzer. How do I stop?

I am learning that crying with others is healing.




I am fascinated by photography.


I am continually learning that grace is something we can't earn & mercy is something we don't deserve. 


I am blessed to be married to a gorgeous man with a beautiful heart who has committed to be my lifelong partner to forever trek life's challenges despite how hard it can be at times.

I am loved by my heavenly father!

I am most vulnerable in prayer and feel the safest.

I am doubtful at times.


Me and the love of my life.

I am grateful for people who pour into me.


I am random.

I am learning that pain unifies and calls for rescuing.

I am able to admit when I am wrong.


I am very aware that the hardest thing I have ever attempted is marriage. 

I am lost without the direction of the Holy Spirit and his Holy words.

I am longing to build long lasting genuine authentic friendships that are consistent.


I am most relaxed when laughing hard...I love it :)




I am on my way to healing from pain that's left me bruised for way too long and crippling me to freely be me.

I am one who questions a lot.

I am a believer that love starts with a decision to act and then the emotions follow.

I am knowledgeable that my heart can deceive me at times and that perceptions are not reality.

I am a pursuer of the underdog and love to make them feel special.

I am most passionate about my relationship with God and learning how to best love others.

I am learning from my son how to be goofy & silly.

This is a product of spending time with my son. I'm usually not this silly. 

My 1st son at 7 months.

Always with a warm smile at 22 months.

I am a proud mom of a two year old son who has filled me with inexpressible joy.

I am a die hard fan of Great American Restaurants, Pho Deluxe & Super Chicken.

I am opinionated but not always right.

I am a connector.

I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

I am beyond grateful for my husband, son, mother, father, brother, beautiful niece and mother-in-law God has given me.


My family my heartbeat!

I am expecting my second child.

I am a proud Peruvian who loves it's rich culture and craves their infused cuisine.

I am intrigued by all people.

I am fascinated by dancing. I know most of my friend's don't believe this.

I am a soul who finds delight in learning new things.


I am an organic farmer who daily tries to plant and water souls with God's truth.


I am an avid listener but if you give me your ears I can talk.


I am loyal and faithful.



I am forever set free by the work of Jesus on the cross.

I am literal thinker.

I am a soul who deeply enjoys serving people.

I am a perfectionist. I was nicknamed Ms. Perfection and had that on my license plate.


I am a flawed human.

I am tough and often told I'm intense but those who truly know me know that I am a softy at heart.

I am known by the Almighty God. He is my highest connection.

I am learning to take risks with my heart.

I am a recovering sinner living in the reality that the only thing that matters in life is my intimacy with my God and nothing and no one should ever replace that.

A little more about me.....

I was born an extrovert but due to unexpected continual circumstances in my youth made me a terrified introvert. It's only in the past few years that my true extrovert nature is being polished thanks to dedicated mentors and my husband who are allowing me to process deep rooted pain to bring healing to a bruised heart. Because of the fruit of their labor I am now able to express myself uncensored, unashamed most of the time while feeling free during the healing process.

Me and my older brother in Lima, Peru in 1980.
I was born in Lima, Peru but I have been living in Virginia since I was two years old. My parents immigrated to the US in the early 80's with my brother and I. I am married to a tender warrior who brings out a softer side in me. My two year old son has stolen my heart. He is my little big man and my heart rejoices every minute I spend with him. He is all smiles and has a way of always wrapping his warmth around my heart. I am eager to meet my second child who will be joining us in late October. My pregnancies tend to be high risk so I'm a bit nervous but hopeful. I have two toy dogs that I adore but they have taken a back seat since my son was born.


My little Lady who is my adorable & feisty Miniature Pincher.


My Latte Patate. She left one day after 11 years never to see her again. My heart still misses you my little warrior. 

My honey and Gianina my Italian Greyhound who is my elegant princess.


















I love my God and his holy words. My whole identity is found in his son Jesus Christ. He is my source of life, love and strength. He is my all. I am nothing without him. I was born to wear Jesus on my sleeve but not in a condemning or self-righteous way. I model my heart and mindset by his teachings and how he lived. Even though I daily fall short of his glory he covers me with his mercy and it strengthens me to get back up and continue with life. He is my #1 teacher in life!

I love meeting new people. I don't size people up by the color of their skin, the title they carry at work, economic status, success, age, beauty, what degree they earned or what university they attended or by the clothes they wear or by the people they associate with or by their marital status. I love to engage anyone despite their background and ethnicity. I love serving others, listening to their life stories and learning from them.  If you have blood flowing through your veins I would be honored to meet you.

I enjoy photography. I am a food critic by nature and love eating out. I love love love reading and listening to all types of music. I've recently been addicted to Keith Green and Lindsey Stirling. Lindsey Stirling is inspiring me to pick up my violin again. We'll see what happens with that.

By no means am I a writer but in my writings I will express how Jesus beautifies an imperfect soul to make it a wellspring of life for his purposes. He is the master restorer of the human heart and has the power to make us whole. I will write about my beautiful God, personal heart struggles, fun stories, I will at times go down memory lane to share lessons I've learned when encountering defeat but I will also share about the joys in my life and how freeing it is to be honest about my pain and struggles. 

My heart's desire is to offer hope and inspire courage in your heart to always persevere even when life's circumstances are drowning you. Keep fighting, keep discovering, keep loving, keep honesty alive and keep believing in something greater than yourself and you will find true fulfillment.

I dedicate my words to my children, my niece and any curious reader like myself who enjoys reading blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment